Sunday, February 6, 2011

Messy and Clueless

I've made it to my new home. Not without a messy departure though! It was a lot harder than I had anticipated. Had I known it would be like this I would have perhaps dreaded it a bit more. But I'm here now. And I did receive a very warm welcome. My new home away from home for the next year at least. And I am ok. Although it is rather strange, such an opposite to where I was this time last night. Here it is almost silent except for my radio in the background and the sound of me tapping the keys as I type... and a neighbours dog barking in the distance. Last night I think I was still trying to pack while watching Clueless. On top of this I would have been chatting away with my sisters while you could still hear the television at the other end of the house as well as computer games and fans and probably my baby brother grizzling too. I'm feeling a tad bit clueless at the moment. A little bit lost. I am actually missing the noise as I appreciate the silence.

I guess the homesickness will stick around for a little while. I think this is made worse by the home school factor. Not having spend a gazillion days away from home at school I think makes you a little more attached to home and family. Or maybe I'm just being completely normal.

I'm feeling very excited and surprisingly not that nervous for tomorrow, my first day. That will probably change in the morning though.

Night
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment