Friday, June 29, 2012

Gaga!


So last night, despite being sick in bed all week, I half dragged myself to Rod Laver Arena for Lady Gaga’s second Melbourne show. I say half dragged because I really did have to make myself go. But there was no way on earth I was going to miss seeing Lady Gaga, no matter how sick I was!

IMAGE SOURCE: www.ladygaga.com.au

In short, one word to describe the show: Amazing. Or spectacular? Inspiring.  Wonderfullyawesome!

Nothing less than what you would of course expect from Gaga. The music, set, dancers, costumes, props. Everything was just so quirky and bold and awesome! I would go to that show again in a heartbeat! The only downfall was the tickets we had, though not as expensive as what some may have paid, were right around to the side in the restricted view section, so I’m sure from a better seat the show would’ve been even more spectacular! And as a member of the special Melbourne audience, just like the night before, we got to have Gaga sing her Princess Die song which seems to be in reference to Princess Di. It was quite sad and beautiful. I think my favourite outfit was this white dress that she wore when she sang I think it was Bad Romance… It’s hard to describe and I couldn’t get any pictures close up enough of her to see the outfits very well. And the meat dress looked pretty cool too. I’m still trying to work out if it’s real meat or not… you would think you would want a shower straight after wearing a costume like that. And her gun bra… or at least I think they were guns….

Obviously I was already a bit of a fan, otherwise I wouldn’t have gone to her show, but I feel like more of a fan now. She’s going onto my list of idols! She’s such an empowering being, and so lovely.


Here are some of the pictures I managed to get. As I mentioned our view was rather restricted... But I quite like the shots I got.










In awe!

No comments:

Post a Comment