Saturday, August 25, 2012

The Flave #014


The Lucky One by Nicholas Sparks. Finally finished reading it a week or so ago now. I didn't mind the story. I haven't actually read any of Sparks other novels as yet so this was my first. I've only seen the films for The Last Song and The Notebook, both based on other novels he's written, which I do enjoy quite a bit. I'd probably only give it a 3/5. There's just something about the main characters of Beth and Logan that in the end I didn't find them totally loveable. I don't know what it was. But it was quite a sweet story. Worth a read, just not my favourite book.

So I've already seen it but He's Just Not That Into You was only $13 at Kmart at the moment and it's a film that I just like so much I thought i would get my own copy. It's one of those films with half a dozen or so big names and the storyline involves sub story lines as different characters love lives unfold and then somehow they are all slightly connected in some way. Like your Love Actually, New Years Eve or Valentines Day. As I've mentioned many times before Ginnifer Goodwin is one of my favourites and in this film she leads the cast as the main character, Gigi, or at least she is in my head, tying the whole story together. Ben Affleck, Jennifer Anniston (another of my favs), Drew Barrymore, Jennifer Connelly, Kevin Connolly, Scarlett Johansson, Justin Long and Bradley Cooper all star and I enjoy all of them. Of course everyone lives happily ever after... or for the most part. Some find they were looking in the wrong places and others find their happy endings were right in front of them all along. One of those movies I will watch over and over.... 9/10.

Monte Carlo is one of those typical Disney films. It stars Selena Gomez, fresh out of the Disney machine and then Leighton Meester & Katie Cassidy who've both been on Gossip Girl, which makes it a little better. Also Corey Monteith from Glee which further makes it a little less.... painful to watch. But I wouldn't recommend. Then again I'm not really the desirable demographic.

Hadn't seen Moulin Rouge so bought the DVD and watched it finally! Starring Nicole Kidman and Ewan McGregor it's a classic that lived up to expectation. Such fun to watch! If you haven't checked it and like the musical kind then get onto it! 7.5/10.

Flavoursome!

No comments:

Post a Comment