Monday, May 21, 2012

Sunday Summary 20/5/2012


This week, as previously mentioned in my Hectic! post on Wednesday, like the week to come, has been surely busy enough. Especially the weekend. From heading home to play netball in which we notched up another nice win, to back down to Melbourne to hit up the MCG, for my first time ever! Then over to Hisense Arena today to see my first live game of professional netball! So that was all a bit exciting! As well as a bit of shopping which is always good.

This visit to the MCG of course was for the much anticipated AFL Dreamtime at the G clash between the Essondon Bombers, and the team I go for, Richmond Tigers. Though the end result wasn't quite what I wanted it ended up a pretty exciting match as Richmond had an exciting second half, with a lot of goal opportunities in the 3rd quarter which they unfortunately ended up kicking a lot of points from. But they did charge on in the 4th and managed to take the lead for a little bit before Essendon got their act together and showed why they're sitting so high on the ladder at the moment. Was definitely a good spectators game!

The netball at Hisense was the clash between Melbourne's Vixens and the New Zealand team, Northern Mystics. It was a good match to watch though Mystics were pretty on top of it from the get go. The final score was 49-45. Was pretty fun to see it live though. Of course I was going for the Vixens and was a little disappointed with the loss but it was awesome to watch these women play a sport that I love so much on a professional level. Particularly the amazing springs that Anna Harrison (Mystics) possessed, with the help of her assisting defender, She was literally getting enough air to grab the ball as it was about to slide over and into the goal. It was impressive to see! And the accuracy of the goalers is only something I can aspire to achieve! The Mystics Goal Attack, Maria Tutaia, was hard to stop once she had the ball in the ring. Vixens played well though. I thought their captain Bianca Chatfield in goal defence, Geva Mentor in wing D along with Chelsey Tregear running the centre for most of the game were stand outs.

Shopping meant I finally have my very own copy of The Temper Trap's album! It was released on Friday and I was just itching to go and get it! Get excited people! I sure am! I'm stupid excited to listen to it. It's going to be well and truly on repeat for the next week and beyond! I also bought Last Dinosaurs' In a Million Years which I'm pretty keen to add to the rotation also.

Music wise this week I still can't get that "When I wake up in the morning" song out of my head but have finally found out who it is! It's Stuck in My Id by Reptar! Bingo! Also hear Sam Sparro's new track which was kinda cool. I Wish I'd Never Met You.

The week in thousands of words...






No comments:

Post a Comment