Sunday, May 20, 2012

The Flave #011


I love you, man. Really? This was a giggle worthy one. Starring Paul Rudd, who I've always had a bit of a soft spot for since first seeing him in Clueless. And also starring Jason Segel who we know and love as the adorably hilarious Marshall on How I Met Your Mother. So the film was off to a great start cast wise in my book! Or on my screen. Anyway, it's a while since I've watched it but from what I remember it was worth a bit of a giggle. 3/5.

Finally viewed One Day. Having totally fallen in love with the book I was extremely keen to see the film interpretation. I'm not sure that I was left anything but unsatisfied though. When I think about it for a while I realise that the book is perhaps not the best suited to a film interpretation. I mean I still totally enjoyed it. Being biased as I am with these things it probably had three stars just from me looking at the cover. Anne Hathaway as leading lady Emma, was quite good though a little odd with the accent. Jim Sturgess who I think I've only seen in Across the Universe was quite suited to the leading man Dexter. But it just didn't flow so well in film I think. Still, read the book and watch it and judge for yourself! 3.5/5. 

Last weekend I ticked Crazy Stupid Love off my list to watch. One of those ones that I didn't really have high expectations for... but I don't know what I was expecting and possibly just wasn't in the right mood for that kind of film when I watched it. I thought it was a bit slow and not that interesting. Funny man Steve Carell leaves me undecided and sitting on the fence as I can't work out if I like him or not. Ryan Gosling was definitely a plus. And the way it all came together in the end was quite clever. 2.5/5. I wouldn't go out of your way to watch it.

Nothing spectacular, enjoyable viewing though.


No comments:

Post a Comment