Sunday, March 18, 2012

The Flave #009



The Flave #009

So I just watched Factory Girl. This is a 2006 biographical film that depicts the rise and fall of the devastatingly short life of American heiress, actress, model and socialite Edie Sedgwick. At first I was unsure but having seen the end I've come away feeling in some ways quite sad and somewhat depressed but also oddly inspired. The story is absolutely tragic but also... I don't know how to describe it... but I feel this admiration for this Edie. Even though she obviously made some bad choices and got mixed up in drugs which eventually lead to the self destruction and death at such a ridiculously young age I found her inspiring. I found the film quite interesting as it also featured a lot of Andy Warhol who is someone, in the world of art and design that you hear more and more about and are somewhat quite influenced by so it was really interesting to see his totally odd and interesting character shown in film. Starring Sienna Miller as the leading lady Edie Sedgwick and Hayden Christensen as Billy Quinn, a musician that Edie was involved with at some point and then Guy Pearce as the one and only Andy Warhol. I don't even know how to rate this film. I don't know that I can.... But I would recommend watching it.

Bought Election the other week and watched it. Funny to see Reese Witherspoon in her younger years. Not that she's really aged that much. And then Matthew Broderick who I really can't think of as anyone else other than Inspector Gadget! The film is alright. Entertaining enough. 6/10.

Finally found Sixteen Candles on DVD! So of course purchased and watched it. I just enjoy Molly Ringwald in her classic early days in the 80s in Pretty In Pink and The Breakfast Club (two fantastically awesome films that I highly recommend watching if you haven't already seen them!) so was keen to complete what in my head is a three part collection with the addition of Sixteen Candles. Anthony Michael Hall also stars in this one and is in The Breakfast Club too where he plays a similar, typically geeky character in. It was an alright movie but really not as good as Pretty In Pink and The Breakfast Club. But still alright. 6/10.

Some oldies there!

No comments:

Post a Comment