Friday, March 29, 2013

Let the Groove Get In

Happy Good Friday to all! And Happy Easter! Hope you have a wonderful one regardless of your activities throughout.

It's the end of another busy week and I'm so excited. Excited for the week ahead as time off with my family back home. It shall be grand!

I'm also excited as its been quite a good week. Finished my very first internship and have been able to leave the door wide open with likely continuation of some freelance work. This week also involved quite a significant moment in my interning experience in which through collaboration with a fellow intern, friend and designer we both gained some valuable experience in the world of designing. Overall it has been a fantastic experience and an opportunity I'm very thankful to have had.

Along with this I'm just excited about general school stuff. The only frustrating part in it all is that I like all the projects so much it's hard to know what to prioritise and work on at one time as my mind races and wonders around with ideas for other projects no matter which I'm tying to concentrate on. My only concern is I can see myself constantly leaning in a certain direction with my current design work and so can see in the next lot of projects I really will need to push myself to totally jump in the deep end and do some work that is out of my comfort zone so I can broaden my folio work.

Oh how I love that it's Easter weekend. Just so keen to see my family. At the same time I'm a little shell shocked that it's already the end of March and therefore a quarter of the way through the year! I can see this is just going to whizz past like nothing else. I'll turn around and it'll be June a blink!

Thought I'd spoil myself a little and I went and splurged on Justin Timberlake's new album, The 20/20 Experience. It's so good! Recommend giving it a spin. The single releases so far, mirror and Suit and Tie are fabulous. Especially loving the chilled tracks Strawberry Bubblegum, Blue Ocean Floor and Spaceship Coupe. Other favourites are Tunnel Vision, Don't Hold The Wall and Let the Groove Get In. But the entire album is fantastic. Full of catchy lyrics and sweet tunes!

It's nice to be alive!

No comments:

Post a Comment