Sunday, January 13, 2013

2012 in review...

Came accross this over on WordPress and decided I would fill it out...

What was 2012 for you?
1. What did you do in 2012 that you’d never done before?
Right now I can't be bothered to go into it...
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I didn't make any 'New Years Resolutions' last year. I think I may have meant to... but it just didn't happen...
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
I have a new little cousin and one of my friends also had a little cutie. I think that's all...
4. Did anyone close to you die?
No one that I am particularly close to but certainly some significant losses.
5. What countries did you visit?
The furtherest I have travelled is Adelaide! Exciting I know!
6. What would you like to have had in 2013 that you lacked in 2012?
More partying and a better social life and the ability to be more flexible and spontaneous!
7. What dates from 2012 will remain etched upon your memory and why?
... the 20th of October because so much preparation and time went into organising my twenty-first party which I had that night. The 12/12/12 just because of it's rarity. I actually can't think of any others...
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Winning not one but two netball premierships with two totally different but fun teams as well as winning Best & Fairest in one of the teams. That was a massive achievement for me. Something I am extremely proud of.
Fitting into a size 6 dress for my twenty-first. It wasn't a goal I'd made but after going on a health kick since September 2011 to have actually gone down two dress sizes was quite exciting for me! I've never been massively over weight but was definitely chubby in pre-teens and I know we all tend to be negative about our own body image and quite often the skinniest people till look in the mirror and believe themselves to be fat. But if you told me when I was a chubby feeling 12 year old that I would get into a size 6 dress one day I would not have believed it were possible.
9. What was your biggest failure?
Relationships I guess. Not taking time to do more of my personal projects that I am constantly adding to my list of things to do but never actually doing!
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Apart from colds and a really bad flu at one point I got off pretty well on the illness and injury front.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
Probably my iPhone. Finally bit the bullet and now I don't know why I could have wanted anything different! I also bought this really nice Maxi skirt that gets compliments every time I wear it so I must have made a good choice on that one!
12. Whose behaviour merited celebration?
Many.
13. Whose behaviour made you appalled and depressed?
Hmmm...
14. Where did most of your money go?
Probably chocolate and sweets! Wow that is a sad confession...
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Gossip Girl Season 5 on DVD! Watching The Hunger Games and reading those books. Completing my entry for The Southern Cross Packaging Awards. 
16. What song will always remind of you 2012?
Hmmmmmm... 
17. Compared to this time last year, are:
a)happier or sadder? 
b)thinner or fatter? 
c) richer or poorer?
Happier.
Thinner.
Money Wise? Poorer. In general life richness. Richer. So much Richer!
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Partying! My personal projects as I said before. I wish I could read more than I do. And absorb more information better.
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
I'm can't think of anything.... which is odd...
20. Did you fall in love in 2012?
Yes! With the Hunger Games! With Andrew Garfield as Spiderman... With My Sisters Keeper. My iPhone. Instagram. InDesign. InDesign is amazing. The Temper Trap. Ball Park Music. And various other objects, programs and characters!
21. What was your favourite TV program?
Offspring. New Girl. Packed to the Rafters.
22. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
Idont like to think about not liking people.

23. What was the best book you read?
My Sisters Keeper. The Hunger Games.
24. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Ball Park Music. I had already known about them but I definitely really got into them at the end of the year. And the Temper Trap.
25. What did you want and get?
Quite a lot of things when I think about it.
26. What did you want and not get?
I wanted to go to the snow and I never got there....
27. What was your favourite film of this year?
Like Crazy. Pitch Perfect. Friends With Benefits.
28. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned the grand age of 21 and had a big party and a lot of fun!
29. How you would describe your personal fashion concept in 2012?
Skirts. I practically always wear skirts and my combat style boots. They're just my favourite. And my purple raincoat. It has been work so much it's ridiculous!
30. What kept you sane?
Junk food binging! It's bad to say but I have total self control throughout the week but it was always a very guilty pleasure when I got into the junk on weekends!
31. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Andrew Garfield. Oh. My. Goodness!
32. Who did you miss?
My family. My friends. I always miss people. There are always many people to be missed!
33. Who was the best new person you met?
Awww.... There may be quite a few actually!
34. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2012.
That sometimes the best things really do come from where you very least expect them to.
35. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
Tonight
We are young
So let’s set the world on fire
We can burn brighter than the sun


Corny I know but I really loved fun.'s songs this year!
Stolen from Here.

No comments:

Post a Comment