Friday, July 20, 2012

Let's get physical!

So after a three week absence I finally got back to the boxing class that I usually attend. Was good to be back but the instructor as usual made it challenging for us and even made us do burpies. They're like my arch enemy! For those who may never of heard of a burpie it's like you start standing then you bend down, put your hands on the ground and jump your feet as far back behind you as you can and then jump them forward to where the started before jumping up and reaching high at the same time. Sound fun? I strongly have a dislike towards burpies!

Tonight I had my first game with a new netball team I've joined. It's a whole group of girls that I hadn't met before tonight so it shall be fun to get to know some new people! It's quite funny, we got these shirts and despite being a size small they are massive on all of us. The "T-shirt" sleeves reach all the way to our elbows and the shirt is long enough to be a dress nearly! This along with wearing an old style (I say old style because I'm so used to seeing the dresses I think of the classic netball skirt as quite old fashioned!) netball skirt made me feel like I was in under elevens again when I always had to pull my skirt down because I just didn't know how to wear it in the right place! But anyways, we won! So that was a bit exciting. And besides a bit of shooting I also played a bit of Wing A which was totally fun! I don't think I've played that since being in juniors!

Apart from all this being back at the gym for the week after my half hearted three weeks of holidays and not much exercise hasn't proved as much of a struggle as I thought it would.

And now it's Friday.
I love Fridays!

No comments:

Post a Comment