Saturday, November 19, 2011

The Flave #001

So "Summer holidays" are finally here and no more excuses not to get some of these personal little projects done. Here is another branch on my blog tree. The Flave! The Flave is where I will tell you about what I think of music, movies and other things in this direction. So here we go!


The Flave #001

Bought Morning Glory on DVD a few weeks ago. Just one of those ones that I wanted to get, especially with Rachel McAdams. Watched it last week and to be honest was a little disappointed. I guess I didn’t expect a whole lot from it but I just found it a bit too predictable and typical I think. Might have been in the wrong mood to watch that kind of movie at the time. 6/10.

The Last Kiss was another one I purchased not that long ago. It’s been on my list to watch for a long while, half because of Rachel Bilson. Yes, I tend to have a soft spot for actresses with my name. Anyways, apart from wanting to have a good talking to the leading male character Michael, Zach Braff, for his obviously stupid decisions I did quite enjoy the film. I guess it was quite real, the sort of thing that is happening all the time, it wasn’t a typical fairytale though they did seem to live happily in the very end. Rachel played an outgoing college student who was prepared to push the boundaries and go after an older man in the middle of a bit of a dismal realization that he had no surprises left in his predictable life. His partner finds out what he was doing behind her back and seems set to never forgive. I guess it showed that sometimes, no matter how much someone hurts you, if they’re important enough in your life you’ll forgive just about anything. 7.5/10.

Watched The Switch with a friend on the weekend. We went and got some delicious Cold Rock, I had coffee and spearmint choc chip with peanut M&Ms, and Malteasers if you were wondering. Was divine! And so was the movie. I really loved it. Jennifer Aniston (Whom I have a soft spot for because she played Rachel on Friends of course!) was cute along with Jason Bateman who I first saw in Juno and didn’t love because of his character but have since seen in many movies and I think this is my favourite of his. He played his cynical character perfectly. But the movie would not have been anywhere near as good as it was without the adorable little Thomas Robinson who played Sebastian, the little boy in the film. He is just the cutest little kid. Beyond adorable! I loved it. 9/10.

It’s actually ages since I first heard Ed Sheeran’s A team song. I believe I’ve mentioned it before on here. And now they seem to be playing it more and more. And I’m more and more in love with it. So had to check out what else he’s got and will be purchasing his album at the next opportunity that I have! He seems like the sweetest thing! And his songs are just so cute! And if you look him up you’ll see he’s a bit of a cutie himself! I think I have a bit of a soft spot for red heads since my Dad is …was one (sorry Dad!). So I will let you know what I think of that when I get to it. Watch this space!

Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part 1 Soundtrack, of course I bought it the day it came out, a couple of weeks ago now. In all honesty at the moment I haven’t fallen in love with it like I fell for the Eclipse, New Moon and Twilight film soundtracks. I particularly love the Bruno Mars song, It Will Rain. Also definitely love the Christina Perri track, A Thousand Years. Typically. I like the Angus and Julia Stone track,  Love Will Take You, but I do like some of their other stuff better. One of my favourite tracks is Northern Lights by Cyder Sky, it’s really lovely.  And Neighbors by Theophilus London, Turning Page by Sleeping at Last, Requiem On Water by Imperial Mammoth were other tracks that I gave a 4/5 on my iTunes along with the Flightless Bird, American Mouth (Wedding Version, the original is on the Twilight soundtrack). Overall I’m content, just maybe not as in love as I would have liked to be. I am of course extremely keen to see the film, which I believe was released yesterday. Probably won’t get to see it until next week though.

Last Sunday I managed to get tickets along with a friend to Kings of Leon! Which I was extremely excited for! We both were. And boy did they deliver! They were absolutely fantastic! I had Pyro (from their Come Around Sundown Album) Stuck in my head for the next few days. Though I enjoyed the performances of Use Somebody, Be Somebody and Sex on Fire (of course!) the best. They were so awesome though! Rod Laver was of course packed out which made the atmosphere just brilliant. There is just something so awesome about being in an arena full of fans come together to see one of their favourite bands!

;)

No comments:

Post a Comment