Thursday, January 12, 2012

I decided...

So maybe I didn't make any resolutions for the new year of 2012. Well, nothing in ink on paper or on one of my lists on my phone notes. I decided that I don't like new years resolutions. I decided this because it seems to me that people decide to put off reaching for their goals and setting them as a new years resolution and we should wait around for new years to make a goal or set a plan. Why not make it as soon as you think it? This can depend a lot on the kinds of goals your making. For example I have set a goal to improve on something from last year. I need to read more. And I plan to try and read a lot more.
I'm even joining a book club!

I've already read one book for the year! Which is a massive achievement for me. As you know it took me about six months to read the Time Travellers Wife, and then was disappointed with the film. The book I've read this year is another on my list of books made into films that I have to read the book before I watch the film. Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen. Which I will share all my thoughts about in the next the Flave. But I did just watch the trailer for it and it sent chills down my spine and tingling excitement throughout my body and I am longing to watch it! Literally longing. There is just something so magical when they turn a good book into a film. Especially if they do it justice. I am so very excited to see it! Hopefully it won't disappoint!

Did I mention I got a mouse and mouse pad for Christmas? Not a pet mouse obviously. Just a wireless one for my McCormac(yes that is what I call my Mac as I felt he deserved a name... yep, it's a boy!). They're pretty cute! The mouse is green and of course I picked out a sweet mouse pad from Typo. Then I even made my desktop background the same as the mousepad because I love it so much. Totally co-ordinated! It's a bit cute.

At the risk of being totally predictable I am going to insert my complaints about the weather here. What is this?! The middle of summer and it's 18 degrees?! I don't care that this is Melbourne, there is just no excuse! Who invited winter back so soon? Isn't it supposed to be spending more time elsewhere in the world at this time of the year?! I really hope the weather goes back to summer soon. Not enjoying it at all. Though I do always enjoy the rain. Something to do with growing up on a farm through the recent drought has made me always glad when it rains. Even if it's not at home on the farm.

I recently gave in and joined tumblr. I'm still trying to get the hang of it. If you would like to have a look see check it out. Senseless Confessions.

Getting pretty excited for Big Day Out! I just have to get my outfit sorted. In my head I really want to get a cute playsuit but I haven't found the right one yet. Shopping tomorrow so we shall see. I've already got a hat though! I splashed out and bought this super cute one from Sportsgirl... tried to find a picture but they don't seem to have it on their online store so I shall maybe photograph and share another time. It's pretty cute! But yes seventeen sleeps to go!

Anyway, I better go and attempt something productive. Have been to the gym and done my washing... better attempt something useful!

No comments:

Post a Comment