Friday, June 17, 2011

A few kind words

It's been a while! Earlier in the week... or over the long weekend I did actually attempt to post a blog... but Blogger was being disagreeable and after I spent a decent amount of time on one and pressed the post button only to have it totally ignore me and lose the entire thing i couldn't be bothered to type it all up again at the time... So here is some of my life happenings in the last ten days...

6/6/2011
It’s amazing how people can make or break your day with just a few words. A few sounds pushed through parting lips to express a thought. Yesterday I had the pleasure of one of those comments that just made my day. In fact it kind of made my week. Never underestimate the power of a few kind words. A compliment can be worth a thousand smiles.

Meanwhile it’s the long weekend and I’ve stayed home in Melbourne for the first time since the netball season started. Plenty of homework to be done. Hoping to smash most of it out tomorrow. I think I actually could If I tried hard enough. Assessments are creeping up. But I feel like I’m going to be ready enough for them.

 
Finally bought some new shoes today. Marshall. $60 on sale. That's probably the most I've ever spent on a pair of shoes. Ever! excluding netball runners. They's always so expensive. But anyway, these Marshall shoes, I saw them yesterday and fell in love and when I needed to go to the shops today for supplies I decided i best just buy them. I couldn't get them out of my head. They just look so sexy!

So that's at least one thing ticked off on my long weekend list of things to do.

16/6/2011
The long weekend went quite well... I did spend something like 70%+ of my waking hours actually doing homework. I had quite a list of things to do which involved
- complete homework
    Band poster
    AGideas book
    Theory/History Practical Task two
- Put together final briefs for Assessment interviews
- Organize bedroom
- Buy new shoes
- Watch the Runaways film
- Coffee with a friend
- Photograph for design competition

so right now I can tick off everything on the list except the watching the Runaways and the photographing thing. I definitely underestimated the time it would take me to do that homework though. Smashing it out took me at least twice the time I thought it would. But finally having all that done I am almost free! We had the interview assessments earlier in the week and it went very well beyond my expectations so that was really nice.

My long weekend also consisted of a few trips to the gym. I had a re-assessment of where I'm at and now have a new program. The assessment went quite well except I have def. put on some weight but am hoping part of that is just muscle ( ;) ) and I am definitely feeling the new program! Tad bit sore. I think over the last 12 days I've been to the gym on 9 of them! Solid effort I reckon.

In other news I have just been to see Bridesmaids at the cinema. I think it lived up to the hype. It was pretty funny and rather cute at the same time. Really enjoyed it. Kristin Wiig seems to be everywhere at the moment. She's fantastic though. Rose Byrne and her have been all over the media lately, They've certainly been wracking up a lot of publicity for this one. But yes, awesome film, only one particular scene that I found a bit cringeworthy but the rest of the audience found it pretty funny. It just was packed full of laughs and kept you interested I thought. I'll give it a 3.9/5. I don't want to give it a 4 but I thought it was pretty fantastic.

I think that's about all my news for now. Pretty keen for netball tomorrow! Right now life is just so good in general!

Over and out!
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment