Friday, September 2, 2011

Where did August go?

This last week was so beautiful. You could just smell spring coming. One day as I was walking home you could even hear the crickets chirping and a humming mower as someone cut their grass. The smell of freshly chopped lawn wafted through the air. And now it's here! Already! I honestly can't believe September is already here. I think August disappeared with wherever all the odd socks go. I don't know where it went at all!

I've had a rather social last week or so. Which has resulted in a bit of over indulgences in some cases. Went into the city on Thursday last week and saw a play that some friends were in. It was rather funny. Then we went out for dinner and then to a cool little bar. Then Saturday went and saw a friend and went out in Richmond. Then on Tuesday went out again and got a few hours sleep before heading to work on Wednesday. Also had a birthday party last Saturday too.

So a lot of fabulous food and such things. Which was awesome except the aftermath of it is not usually so fun. Especially as I had a gym assessment last night and discovered that I have certainly put on a bit of weight over the last few months. not heaps but enough that I need to get rid of it. On the plus side my fitness has improved so I'm not going backwards. But the challenge is on and if I write it on here then It will help me motivate myself to achieve it. I need to lose 5kg. Hopefully in the next month I can do it. So time to stop the late night snacking, which will be challenging as I have made quite a bad habit of it. But it will stop. Started last night. Or should I say I started stopping. Does that make sense?

In other news... I have just been busy with uni and work. Nothing massively exciting. Though i did have Taco Bell for the first time last weekend. That was quite nice. And I also managed to drop my iTouch last week. Which was possibly the most depressing event in my life for the week. I still need to take it somewhere to get fixed, the poor thing is sitting on my desk, neglected and lonely and looking a mess with a cracked screen and a nasty little dint. Was shattered when I dropped it. Hopefully it won't be too expensive.

Also watched Fantastic Mr. Fox last weekend. Really enjoyed it! Was fabulously funny. I didn't expect to enjoy it as much as I did! 8/10. Also finished watching that Accidents Happen movie which I had previously mentioned. Didn't really feel like the film achieved much. 5/10. It was still kind of cool though. And then Fighting, which stars Channing Tatum. It was alright. Probably not entirely my kind of movie but it was alright. 7/10.

Netball is all done and dusted for me. So that's a little depressing. Until netball trip! Which shall be fun.

So many projects on my mind at the moment, including more stuff for this blog.

That's it for now though I think.

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment