Tuesday, December 6, 2011

The Flave #002



The Flave #002



Face the Music. It’s hard not to have a giggle watching this when you see not only a much younger Patrick Dempsey than accustomed to but also this squeakier younger voice that he lets do the talking. I tend to enjoy Molly Ringwald in her golden days too. So apart from it being a typically predictable storyline about a young couple who fell in love and then went through a traumatic break-up only to years later have to put aside their differences and work together and of course one of them is engaged and things get complicated, I totally enjoyed it for what it was. 3/5

Also watched No ReservationsCatherine Zeta Jones is beautiful and tends to be pretty good but I don’t know about this one. I didn’t mind the film but I do feel like there was something missing, like the forgot one of the ingredients in this recipe. Aaron Eckhart is rather sweet and ragged as the leading man. And the sweet Abigail Breslin is cute as the heartbroken child and is soon to be the new IT girl I believe! She seems to be increasing her filmography quite rapidly! Overall I'd give the movie a 2.5/5.

Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part 1. Went and checked it out at the cinema the other week. Of course in total excitement and anticipation as we have been waiting a long while for this film. I think there were definitely some scenes in this film that as expected were very hard to watch for the squeamish of us out there. I have heard of someone passing out while viewing. And I don’t really blame them. I did enjoy it, I think I have this silly biased opinion towards anything Twilight though. And I’m not going to say there weren’t a few things that bugged me throughout the film. For one, Kristin Stewarts inability to actually smile. And often seeming as though she cannot close her mouth either. And there is this one really terrible wolf pack scene with an atrocious voice over that is the discussion in their heads. But apart from that I think it did the book as best justice that perhaps they could. As always Taylor Lautner, I thought delivered well. And Robert Pattinson was ok. I would definitely go and see it again. If it wouldn’t cost me a cent. And I am impatiently awaiting Part two despite it being a total build up to nothing and them being as cruel as they can and making us all wait an entire twelve months for the release. Having said all of this there is a part of me that just wonders that if perhaps there were different stars playing the two leading roles of Bella and Edward that perhaps it would be a better film. I feel like at times they have this awkward almost lack of chemistry. But maybe that’s the directors fault. Perhaps they didn’t shoot it as well as they could have… Anyway. Enough Twilight. 4/5.

So as I have previously mentioned my intention of going out and purchasing the A Team artist, Ed Sheeran’s album +, I did so and I have to say I am far from disappointed with it. I adore it! This guy has the sweetest tracks and I have had it on repeat quite a bit! Particular favourite tracks are Kiss MeDrunk, Wake Me Up, Small Bump, This, Lego House, Give Me Love and of course A Team. These all have the 4 star rating on my iTunes. I’m particularly in love with Kiss Me. It’s just the sweetest, and so catchy. But the whole album is just sublime. I just love the sound he has going on. Definitely worth a listen if you enjoy Ed’s A Team track that is getting killed on the radio at the moment! But it is gorgeous. He’s gorgeous. What a cutie! Overall 4.7/5.

Adam is an interesting film starring the dreamy Hugh Dancy as Adam and our very own Australian actress the sweet Rose Byrne as the leading lady, Beth. Adam is a film that pulls at your heart strings as you watch Adam, a young man that has aszburgus and the development of his relationship with the new girl in his apartment building. That is in his apartment building that he is now living alone in his two bedroom apartment that he previously shared with his now late father. Constantly feeling pangs of emotion in those moments of Adam’s awkward honesty. I feel like I was educated by watching this film and would recommend it. It’s quite sweet watching Adam and Beth’s relationship develop and overcoming the obstacles of Adam’s disability. 3/5

Revolutionary Road, starring the experienced Leonardo Dicaprio and Kate Winslet, this film is actually quite depressing in the end. But I liked it. The love story of two young and ambitious people, April and Frank, determined not to end up in the norm of life of just letting each day pass like the last. They fall for each other and then a few children and several years later realize they had ended up exactly where they had intended not to be. Both having lost interest in each other April tries to re-light their flame, proposing that they uproot the family and move to France. Difficult choices have to be made in the face of this decision and there is no happy ending to it all. Kate and Leonardo are just fantastic. I did enjoy this one and can see why it achieved three Oscar nominations! 3.7/5. 

No comments:

Post a Comment