Thursday, August 18, 2011

Mirrors Wide Open

It's been a little while. And I believe there is much to be said!

Finally went and saw Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part II. Mind you this did happen nearly two weeks ago now. It was fantastic. Definitely enjoyed it immensely. Shed a few tears and got sad about ti being the end of it all. There are a few little things I would have liked them to do a little differently but of course there is always room for improvement. But content is what I am. 9.5/10 stars I'll say. Now I will be keenly waiting it's release on DVD so I can have a big Harry Potter marathon. It would be very much a marathon too! It would take at least an entire day without breaks! Might have to be a few sessions....

Netball went quite fantastically last weekend. Pretty keen for this weeks game. It's do or die!

Had a wedding to attend on Sunday. And it was just the perfect weather for it and everything. The reception was in this lovely place along the Yarra. Beautiful view for the day! And much fun with the family was had!

So as this wedding was in Melbourne my family stayed down here in the Docklands for a few nights. They had the most fantastic vie, gorgeous city lights!

So while my family had a little holiday down here in Melbourne for a few days we attended the theatre on Sunday evening and saw Love Never Dies, the sequel to Phantom of the Opera. I've never been to the theatre before and I haven't actually seen Phantom but the sequel was fantastic. The theatre was just fantastic. The building is just amazing! The chandeliers and detailing on the interior is just so beautiful and breathtaking. And the exterior is rather grand also. Fantastic experience!

Then on Wednesday I joined the family to visit the Aquarium which I have also never been to before. It was rather awesome. The highlights would have definitely been the penguins, sharks and the stingrays. The penguins were just so cool to see. And you got to be so close to them. They're just so cute! And I was so very keen to see the sharks. In drawing we've had pictures of sharks from the museum a few times so I was rather interested to see the real thing. They intrigue me a little. They are pretty awesome to see! Though I had thought there would be more of them. There were a lot of stingrays though! We got to see the stingrays being fed which was pretty awesome!

Last weekend I bought Gotye's (if you have a little time up your sleeve he has a rather entertaining bio to read on that website <<) old album Like Drawing Blood, released in 2006. It was something like $12 at JB HI-FI and I've just been smitten with their latest release Somebody I Used to Know that I thought "why not?". This particular album features one of their older hits that I also adore which is Heart's a Mess. And as I have discovered it also features many other awesome tracks. My favourites are Thanks For Your Time, A Distinctive Sound and Worn out Blues. It's quite different to the kind of albums I usually purchase but I'm listening to it non-stop. They always have pretty cool video clips too. So I am rather keen for the album that is to follow and feature Somebody I Used to Know and another awesome song that they released late last year, Eyes Wide Open. This new album is titled Making Mirrors and is in fact released tomorrow! So hopefully I shall get my hands on it over the weekend!

That shall do for now. off to catch up on the Final of Winners and Losers! Very excited that this also means that next week we get new Packed to the Rafters!

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment